What Information do We Collect Directly from You?
We collect information (including Personal Data) from you when you fill out a form on our site, including the “Contact” form, register to use our site, sign up for an event or webinar, or download certain content. In those cases, you may be asked to enter your contact information, which may include your name, title, e-mail address, username, password, phone number, address, your organization name and number of employees. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. In addition, if you register for an event or webinar, it may be necessary for you to provide us your billing information, such as billing name, address, credit card or bank account information. If you visit our offices, you may be required to register as a visitor and provide your name, title, email address, phone number, organization name, time and date of arrival and information about the party you are visiting.
What Device and Use Data do We Process?
In addition, we gather certain information automatically as part of your use of our services. This information may include IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, the pages and files viewed, searches and other actions you take, usage data and error logs for your login sessions so that our services can ‘talk’ to your device while you are logged in, operating system and system configuration information and date/time stamps associated with your usage.
This information is used to maintain the security of the services, to provide necessary functionality, as well as to improve performance of the services, to assess and improve customer and user experience of the services, to review compliance with applicable usage terms and conditions, to identify future opportunities for development of the services, to assess capacity requirements, to identify customer opportunities and for the security of our company in general (in addition to the security of our products and services).
What do We Use your Information for?
Any of the information (which includes Personal Data) we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience of the site and services: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs;
- To provide and improve our website and services: We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
- To perform our agreement with you for the use of our website and services and to fulfill our obligations under applicable terms and conditions of use/service;
where we have not entered into an agreement with you, we base the processing of your Personal Data on our legitimate interest to operate and administer our websites and to provide you with the necessary functionality required during your use of the websites and services and to provide you with the content you access and request;
- To manage payments: If you have provided financial information to us, we process Personal Data to verify that information and to collect payments to the extent that doing so is necessary to complete the transaction and perform our contract with you;
- To send information to the email address you provided for order processing and updates pertaining to your order;
- To fulfill your request and communicate with you, if you fill out the “Contact” form or otherwise request user support, or if you contact us by other means including via phone call, we will process your Personal Data to the extent necessary to perform these tasks;
- To send emails to you that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, to the extent you provided prior consent; Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include easy to understand unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email;
- To register office visitors: We need to process your Personal Data for security reasons, to register visitors to our offices and to manage non-disclosure agreements that visitors may be required to sign, to the extent this is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting our offices and confidential and proprietary information against unauthorized access;
- To comply with legal obligations: We may need to process your Personal Data to cooperate with government authorities, courts or regulators to ensure we comply with our legal obligations to the extent this requires processing or disclosure of Personal Data to protect our rights or is necessary for our legitimate interest in protecting against misuse of our site, protecting personal property or safety, pursuing remedies available to us and limiting our damages, complying with judicial proceedings, court orders, or legal processes or to respond to lawful requests.
Do We Disclose Any Information to Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personal Data. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. This may include service providers that provide IT and system administration and hosting, credit card processing, research and analytics, marketing, customer support and data enrichment, legal and financial services, sponsorship of contests or promotions for which you register, and with affiliates within the Idea Factor corporate group that we may acquire in the future when they are made part of the Idea Factor corporate group, to the extent such sharing of data is necessary to fulfill a request you have submitted via our websites or for customer support, marketing, technical operations and account management purposes. In addition, if we are involved in a merger, reorganization, dissolution or other fundamental corporate change, or sell a website or business unit, or if all or a portion of our business, assets or stock are acquired by third party, we may need to share your Personal Data with such third party.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. We may also share anonymous usage data with our service providers for the purpose of helping us in such analysis and improvements. Additionally, we may share such anonymous usage data on an aggregate basis in the normal course of operating our business; for example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website or service. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, and we encourage you to review those policies, but we are not responsible for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
PHIPA Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the Personal Health Information Protection Act of Ontario (PHIPA). We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data
You have certain rights relating to your Personal Data, subject to local data protection laws. Depending on the applicable laws and if you are located in the EU/EEA, these rights may include:
- To access your Personal Data held by us (right to access);
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Data and, taking into account the purpose of processing the Personal Data, ensure it is complete (right to rectification);
- To erase/delete your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws (right to erasure; right to be forgotten);
- To restrict our processing of your Personal Data, to the extent permitted by law (right to restriction of processing);
- To transfer your Personal Data to another controller, to the extent possible (right to data portability);
- To object to any processing of your Personal Data carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests (right to object). Where we process your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes or share it with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes, you can exercise your right to object at any time to such processing without having to provide any specific reason for such objection;
- Not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects (“Automated Decision-Making”). Automated Decision-Making currently does not take place on our websites or in our services; and
- To the extent we base the collection, processing and sharing of your Personal Data on your consent, to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on such consent before its withdrawal.
How to Exercise Your Rights
To exercise your rights, please contact us by using the information in the “Contacting us” section, below. Please note that the rights enumerated in the “Your Rights Relating to Your Personal Data” section above are subject to local data protection laws, and therefore may not be applicable to you if you are not located in the EU/EEA. We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month and will contact you if we need additional information from you to honor your request. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, considering the complexity and number of requests we receive. If you are an employee of a Idea Factor customer, we recommend you contact your company’s system administrator for assistance in correcting or updating your information. If you are a customer of Idea Factor, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org to update your billing information and/or request return or deletion of your Personal Data and other information associated with your account.
Your Rights Relating to Customer Data